SAMLO is the official assessment tool being used by the Management Level Course
(MLC) providers in the Philippines. If you are a candidate for the MLC and is
looking forward to take the test, please be guided by the following procedure:
1. You must first REGISTER / ENROLL in one of the Maritime Training Council's
(MTC) Approved MLC Providers where you will be
evaluated and given recommendations and/or guidance as to which modules of the
MLC you will need to take.
2. You will then be asked to by the center to REGISTER in SAMLO to be able to
create your profile and track the modules you have already accomplished or
completed. Your SAMLO Profile is like your tracking record so you know what
modules you still need to take even after disembarkation.
3. The online assessment system provided by SAMLO forms part of the MLC Course.
Meaning, the center to which you are taking the course, will require and guide
you on how to take the assessment before, during or even after the conduct of
the course. This will be in the form of DIAGNOSTIC ASSESSMENTS and FINAL
4. You shall also be required, if applicable, to take PRACTICAL ASSESSMENTS
using simulators. The results will then be entered in the system of SAMLO by
the center where you took them.
5. Once all the ASSESSMENT requirements had been completed and PASSED. The
center shall be issuing the appropriate CERTIFICATE.
For further assistance, please refer to the list of approved
MLC Providers and contact the one nearest you.